Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Iron Sharpens Iron

Though done with our backpacking trip, our adventures were far from over. We spent some solid time walking around like zombies until we recuperated. The last few days we had together as a little pilgrim family included another trip to France to visit Domrémy-la-Pucelle (where St. Joan of Arc grew up), an official tour of the castle in Landstuhl, and some delicious sit-down meals.

the basilica in Domrémy! my favorite location by far. simple & quiet French countryside



lunch next door to the basilica, cooked by some African nuns. we ate escargot, and even tried some kangaroo.



After the precious Ariana and Ashley left for the States, Stephanie and I were able to travel to Cologne (Köln) to see the cathedral. We even climbed the 509 steep stone steps to the top of the towers. Look at that sweat. Beasts.





So, we eventually said our "see you later's." I can't begin to describe how grateful I am to know these saints in this picture! Each one is so precious to me; I could go on for days about how much I love them! Praise the Lord for the friendships he blesses us with.

No comments:

Post a Comment